Ready for another fun card map challenge? The map below is this week's Paper Craft Crew challenge and being one of the design team members I jumped in with a wide open attitude. I have to admit, though, that I am always energized by a card map as it makes me look at my stamping supplies with new eyes.
Although the card map is square I decided to turn it into a rectangle. I next picked the piece of English Garden designer series paper that I wanted to use and matched colors for the other layers. The hardest part? What to put on the front. Then I remembered my Vintage Leaves stamp set and found a stamp that looked pretty close to the leaves on the paper. The rest was easy:
The part I liked best was the unique color combination I used - I would never have picked these colors to go together: Night of Navy, Old Olive and Mint Macaron. The phrase is from Endless Birthday Wishes - this set is not just for birthdays now is it!
If you'd like to purchase the supplies I used to make this great card, click on any of the images below to head on over to my Online Store.
Today I am going to show you how to create an unusual baby card - one that has many elements to add interest and pizzazz:
Something for Baby card
Stamp set: Something for Baby (bundle and save 15%
Ink: Hello Honey
Paper and cutting dimensions:
Hello Honey: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2"; scrap 3 x 1 1/2" (for letters)
Mint Macaron: 2 x 5 1/2"
English Garden designer series paper: two strips - 5 1/2 x 1/4"
Whisper White: 2 1/2 x 3"
Blushing Bride: 4 1/2 x 1 1/2: (for bibs)
Accessories: Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Multipurpose Platform, Lucky Stars embossing folder, Little Letters thinlits dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL adhesive
And now for the video tutorial: enjoy!
To place an order for the products used to make this cute baby card, click on any of the images below top on over to my Online Store:
Then you'll want to join my mailing list!
Why subscribe? Here are just a few great reasons:
- exclusive card samples with photos and step-by-step instructions
- stamping techniques
- tool tips featuring brand new products or my all-time faves
- customer Q&A's - perhaps some you have been secretly asking too!
- information on upcoming classes with registration and payment links
- card maps and challenges
- My Digital Studio samples
- special offers and surprises sprinkled in
- it's FREE!
- and much, more
I send out two newsletters by email every month - the first contains several articles and sample ideas. The second monthly newsletter is shorter and features upcoming class deadlines and is sprinkled with project ideas other than cards.
For my scrapbooking customers, I send out a third newsletter on scrapbooking and you must choose to subscribe to this newsletter when signing up. This edition contains lots of different scrapbook page ideas and for you digital crafters, watch for digital page ideas too!
***And beginning this week, I have a fourth FREE set of newsletters that email weekly - you won't want to miss my 12 Weeks of Christmas series, featuring Christmas cards, gift ideas, bags and tags!
If you are not on my mailing list and would like to be, here's what you do:
Let all your crafty (and crafty wannbe) friends and family members know about my free newsletters and join my mailing list today to let the stampin', scrappin' and paper craftin' fun ideas begin!
You know that I am a BIG support of Ronald McDonald House Charities and volunteer at the Chapel Hill house whenever possible. Another cause near and dear to me is to support breast cancer awareness. Do you have a favorite charity or are you passionate about a specific cause? Consider making and selling cards and then donating the proceeds to that charity or cause.
Breast Cancer awareness month is October and here's one idea to spark your creativity,using the Watercolor Words stamp set (138702):
Want to place an order for the Watercolor Words stamp set? Click on the images below to hop on over to my Online Store - and while there, don't miss out on our Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack!
This past weekend I attended a Stampin' Up! team event and participated in a swap with some of my fellow team members.
I usually make cards for swapping but this group seems to prefer 3D items so I challenged myself to create outside the box. Although I am not into anything scary (I never watch horror movies as I'd never sleep again) I decided to have some fun making a Halloween 3D project.
To create this box I used my Paper Cutter, Simply Scored, 1" circle punch, and Tear & Tape adhesive. That's it. Then I added the paper layers and embellishments (from the Hall-o-ween Treat bundle love the savings!) and that's it. I made 9 of these boxes in one sitting and then popped one sweet treat inside.
The next time you sit down to craft, try my 'think outside the box' idea and challenge yourself to make something new and different. You just may LOVE the results!
Come on back soon - I will post photos of the swaps I received and some fun stories from our team meeting!
I love hearing from you - post your comments below!
Sometimes it's fun to make a card just for the sake of making a card, and if you love to color I have the perfect card idea for you to create. This card just pops out of the photo doesn't it? The bright colors on the leaf and in the Washi Tape make this a light-hearted card for someone special:
Stamp Set: Lighthearted Leaves #139712
Ink: Blackberry Bliss #133642, Basic Black Archival #140931, 2014-2016 In Color Markers #133654
Paper: Whisper White #100730, Hello Honey #133678, Tangelo Twist #133677
Accessories: 2014-2016 In Color Washi Tape #138382, 2 ½” Circle Punch #120906, Leaflets Framelits #138283, SNAIL Adhesive #104332, Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430
* Hello Honey Card Base: 4 ¼ x 11
* Whisper White: 4 x 5 ¼
* Whisper White: scrap to framelit out leaf
* Tangelo Twist: scrap to punch 2 ½” Circle
1. Stamp leaf in Basic Black Archival ink on Whisper White paper. Use markers to fill in with color. Use Big Shot and Leaflets framelits and cut leaf out.
2. Punch out circle in Tangelo Twist.
3. Wrap In Color Washi Tape around the Whisper White cardstock. Stamp saying in Blackberry Bliss ink underneath the Washi Tape.
4. Assemble. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals on 2 ½” Circle and leaf to give dimension.
Want to order the supplies to make this card yourself? Click on any of the photos below to hope on over to my Online Store:
And this would be the month to do so as we have three themes with projects for each!
The Holiday Catalog is out and there are so many new products we are excited about that we decided to feature several this month on our Creative Express Inspiration Station stop for September!
Want to learn more about our Creative Express Catalog Tour club? Click here!
Here are some sneak peeks of just a few of our September club projects to whet your creative appetite - and you can join our club for one month only or for several months back to back!
(And yes, you get all the projects no matter what theme you choose!)
This club is an amazing value for you - you will have these project ideas and video links forever! If you have questions about our club email me at: email@example.com!
Me too and I am delighted that Stampin' Up! offers you certain products at a discount each and every week!
Here's this weeks "Weekly Deals" - and if you see something you LOVE today is the last day to get it at the posted discount - and here's the link to my Online Store:
Want some ideas using some of this week's sale products? Take a look below:
I know just how crazy busy the holiday season can be and so why not start creating your Christmas cards now so that you have one less detail to worry about later?
Today's video shows you a beautiful Christmas card idea to try - one that has a unique twist that I tried for the first time!
Peaceful Pines Christmas card
Stamp set: Peaceful Pines #140850 (bundle and save 15%)
Ink: Smoky Slate
Paper and cutting dimensions:
Whisper White: 8 ½ x 5 ½”; 4 x 5 ¼”; 3 ¼ x 2 ¾” (for tree)
Merry Moments designer series paper: 1 ½ x 4”
Cherry Cobbler: 3 ¼ x 2 ¾”
Accessories: Big Shot, Magnetic platform, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive
And now for the video tutorial: enjoy!
To place an order for the products used to make this Christmas card, click on any of the images below or click here to hop on over to my Online Store:
This week I have a completely different card map challenge idea for you to try - it's a Tic Tac Toe challenge - created by the Paper Craft Crew.
I think this is such a fun idea. For my Tic Tac Toe I chose the left side vertically - Any purple, Candy Dots and Flower and used the Remarkable You stamp set.
And here's the card I created using my choices:
So now I challenge you - take our Tic Tac Toe challenge and if you need even more inspiration, click here to head on over to the Paper Craft Crew.
It has been difficult being so far away from my little relatives and I miss watching them grow and change as time goes by. I decided this year that now that these little people are getting older it would b fun to send a card one in a while to let them know how special they are to me.
Are you like me and have grandchildren or nieces and nephews that live far away?
Here's a great Halloween card idea that is perfect to send to your special little someone:
Stamp Set – Howl-O-Ween Treat (139687-Wood 139690-Clear)
Card Stock – Rich Razzleberry (115316), Whisper White (100730), Tangerine Tango (111349), Black Glimmer Paper (139605)
Ink – Tangerine Tango (126946), Memento Black (132708)
Accessories. – Owl Builder Punch (118074), Boo To You Framelits (139663), Confetti Stars Border Punch (135861), Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (133787), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Googlie Eyes, Liquid Glue (110755)
* Tangerine Tango 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
* Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4 (inside) and Scraps
* Black Glimmer Paper 1/4 x 5-1/2
* Rich Razzleberry 5-1/2 x 3-1/2
1. Punch the right edge of the Rich Razzleberry layer with the Confetti Stars Border Punch
2. Adhere to card front
3. Adhere Black Glimmer Paper strip to card front
4. Die cut BOO on Black Glimmer Paper - adhere to card front
5. Stamp hat in Tangerine Tango ink and owl in Black Memento ink and die cut with framelits
6. Glue hat to owl and adhere to card front with Dimensionals
7. Punch stars - adhere to card front and witch hat
8. Stamp TRICK OR TREAT greeting on Whisper White layer with Tangerine Tango ink and stamp black spiders at top and bottom
9. Adhere to inside of card
To purchase the products used to make this cute Halloween card, click here to hop on over to my Online Store. If this is your first visit there you will need to set up an account to get started on tons of crafting fun!
I love making cards and I love making pocket for treats. So why not combine my two loves for one Halloween project idea? Good idea!
Halloween Pocket Card
Stamp Sets: Sweet Hauntings #139705 , Cheer All Year # 139839
Ink: Black Stazon #101406
Paper: Shimmery White #101910 , Basic Black #121045 , Tangelo Twist #133677 , Happy Haunting designer series paper #139584 , Black Glimmer Paper #139605 , Gold Glimmer Paper # 133719
Accessories: Spider Web Doilies #139622, Fry Box Bigz L Die #132966, Gold Cording #139618 , Into the Woods Ribbon #139612 , Zig Zag Embossing Folder # 133738
Paper Cutting Measurements:
Shimmer White: 4 ¼ x 11; scrap for image
Basic Black mat: 4 x 5 ¼ and for the fry box 5 ½ x 8 ½
Happy Haunting: 3 x 4
Black Glimmer: 1 ¼ x 4
Gold Glimmer: ¼ x 4
1. Run the Tangelo Twist through the Big Shot using the Zig Zag Embossing Folder and attach to the Black Mat. Then attach the glimmer pieces to it and mount onto the card base.
2. Cut the fry box and cut away the top from the bottom. You will use the whole bottom except for the center piece. You will use the top center for the background.
3. Cut another top center for the background of the fry box and trim to fit.
4. Assemble by taping the tabs to the back of the background piece after you’ve attached the DSP to it. Wrap ribbon around and adhere to back of box.
5. Stamp image and cut out
6. Cut strands of gold chord and attach to the front of the box with glue dots.
7. Pop up the Poison Bottle using dimensionals.
8. Attach Spider Web Doily to the front of the card with a few glue dots.
9. Attach the candy Fry Box with Sticky Strip and add candy
Want to order the products used to make this cool card? Click here to hop on over to my Online Store!
I have written several blog posts about our fantastic Paper Pumpkin kits that are mailed directly to your home using a subscription service but today I am particularly excited to announce that Stampin' Up! is, once again, going to support a fantastic cause - one that has affected many of us personally!
For the month of October, Stampin' Up!s Paper Pumpkin is going pink .... or at least our October boxes are! And, Stampin' Up! is making a donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
For how much? Well, that part is up to you! We'll donate $1 USD for every active subscriber, plus an additional $1 USD for every new subscriber I get until October 10. Tell everyone you know to sign up now so we can make a BIG difference together in the fight against breast cancer!
Click here to check out Paper Pumpkin and to subscribe through me. Let's make a difference together!
Today I have another beautiful Christmas card for you to create at home - one that is quick to create using some fun embellishments:
Happy Scenes Christmas Card
Stamps: Happy Scenes (Photopolymer 139821)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Cherry Cobbler (119685), *Merry Moments DSP Stack (139595)
Stamp Pads: Mossy Meadow (133645)
Misc: Big Shot: (113439), *Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies (139667), Magnetic Platform (desired but not re-quired (130658), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), *Cording Trim (Gold: 139618), Gold Foil Sheet (132622), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
(Items found in the Holiday Catalog September 1 - January 4)
* Whisper White 11 x 4 1/4”, 2 1/2 x 5”;
* Merry Moments DSP Stack (optional design), 4 1/8 x 5 3/8”
* Cherry Cobbler (2 5/8 x 5 1/8”)
* Small Scrap Gold Foil Sheet
1. Fold Whisper White Card base and score at 5 1/2”. Adhere the piece of Merry Moments DSP to the front. This sample shows the plaid design—the others look great, too!
2. Adhere the Whisper White piece to the Cherry Cobbler piece being careful to adhere only the edges. Run the teardrop shape Thinlit through the Big Shot with enough room to stamp a greeting at the top from the Happy Scenes stamp set. Save the cut pieces for another project.
3. Run the ornament topper through the Big Shot with the small piece of Gold Foil.
4. Adhere the cut piece to the card, add the foil topper, and tie a small bow with about 6” of the Cording Trim. Trim as needed. Glue the bow to the center of the topper. Finish with a Rhinestone Basic Jewel on to the ornament.
Many of us love to make Christmas cards to send to friends and family but don't have a lot of time or tons of supplies to make as many as we'd like. Today's video tutorial offers you a perfect solution: a beautiful Christmas card idea that is also clean and simple AND easy to create. Don't miss out a second idea at the bottom of this post, showing you how to add some 'bling'!
Peaceful Pines Christmas Card
Stamp set: Peaceful Pines #140850 (save 15% on the bundle!)
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper and cutting dimensions:
Whisper White: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2"; 3 7/8 x 5 1/8"; 2 3/4 x 3 1/4"
Night of Navy: 4 x 5 1/4"; 3 x 3 1/2"
Accessories: Big Shot, Softly Falling embossing folder #139672, 1" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Rhinestone jewels (optional), Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper (optional)
And now for the video tutorial - enjoy!
In my video I suggested ideas for adding bling - a nice little touch, don't you think:
To place an order of the supplies I used to make this easy but beautiful card, click on any of the images below to hop on over to my Online Store: